BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE DEBUT




So…I put off writing this blog because I wasn’t sure what to say. Young women today are crazy incredible – I seriously don’t know how you do it. I only graduated five years ago but you ladies make me feel like a wimp. You have so much to worry about, so many pressures, and so many people telling you to worry about all the wrong things – I’m so amazed at how awesome and level-headed you are.



I was asked to write about the “high school experience” but if I’m being honest, high school sucked for me – until Senior year anyway. I wish I had a cool, older girlfriend that was into interesting things and could have helped pull me out of my slump earlier so that’s what I will try to be for others.



I hope you realize that you are far from alone and that no matter what anyone says, you have the power to totally transform your life into whatever you want it to be.





Listen to yourself. Seriously.

Call it intuition, your soul, your psyche – or just that annoying voice that just won’t shut up – but whatever you call it, it’s there for a reason. In ALL of us there is a whispering voice that tells us what we should be doing. Crazy, huh? Many believe that women are more in tune with this voice and I think in a lot of cases they’re right.



Sometimes stuff like Facebook and TV can gag this voice so it can’t say anything. There’s been times I’ve turned on my computer to try and write something awesome and wound up looking at some guys pics he took at a party – two years ago! Yuck. Makes me feel super lame AND mad at myself for never getting around to what I actually wanted to do! Just keep it in mind for next time…it’s crazy how many things meant to keep us in touch with others make us lose ourselves.



So, whether you love to dance, knit, or collect garden gnomes – do it and do it with all your heart. Do it like your life depends on it – in some ways it does.





Remember – this isn’t all there is!

If I had a dollar for every time someone said to me, “High school is preparing you for the real world” I could’ve paid off my car by now…well maybe filled it up with gas. But besides getting the best grades you can, making friends who care about you, and learning about yourself and your goals, the rest of high school can be about as real as Paris Hilton’s personality.



In high school if you say the wrong thing, date the wrong guy, or wear different clothes you can kiss your social life goodbye. Now with cell phones, mini cameras, and Facebook (sorry, not trying to hate on it!) your whole school can know about what happened Friday night with the click of a button. That’s awful and immature. Just remember, no matter what drama happens to you in high school you will barely remember it after. Take what happened to you and learn from it. Take the high road and keep classy. Trust me, this garbage won’t follow you into the “real world”…whatever that even means.





Go outside yourself.

Live with no fear – even if it’s just for a day. Everyone has something that they wish they would’ve done. Remember that girl that was getting bashed because of how she looked? Remember how you wanted to stick up for her? Remember that play you wanted to try out for? That charity you wanted to meet up with? That cute guy you wanted to say hey to? We all have that fear. The fear of letting our real selves shine. Do you know that the #1 human fear is public speaking and #2 is death? Whaaaat?? Seriously, it’s time to get over it. You will regret the things that you did not do way more than the things you did.





The end…for now….



I once helped another young woman that I had never met get where she needed to go. She told me this phrase, which I will end all of my writings with:



In Lak’ech



In Mayan it means “I am another yourself” or I am you and you are me. No matter how someone acts towards you whether is is beautiful, brave, kind, or even mean; remember we are all just reflections of each other :)





Peace. Love. Light.

-- Lydia James





Listening To: Norin & Rad – The Gift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADc3YsKwjQo



Read more about In Lak’ech:

http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/97aug.html







0 comments: